Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or Finance Director
Q-Bot is a high tech, high growth, international start-up, developing robotics and intelligent systems that are revolutionising the built environment whilst creating a positive social impact (you’ll find more detail below). Q-Bot is looking for an outstanding Chief Financial Officer to strengthen their world class management team, work with the CEO and CCOO to grow the company and take responsibility for:
- the finance function, leading, inspiring and mentoring the finance team, putting in place good management processes so the company can scale, and ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- the provision of reliable management information, particularly financial to enable the business to function, plan and scale up, as well as engaging with stakeholders, current and new to communicate progress; and,
- developing financial models and forecasts to shape the business strategy and supporting commercial activities such as putting together customer tenders, pricing plans, contracts and financing options.
If you have the right skills and attributes for this role please send us your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the requirements, why you are applying for this job at this time in your career, and what type of role you are looking for.
- Business reporting, internal systems and controls for the provision of management information, compliance (UK IFRS) and responsibility for budgeting, book-keeping and audit.
- Ensure targets are met for the financial and operational KPIs of the company, including cash-flow analysis, reporting against the forecast and setting targets to drive income and profit.
- Building a partnership with each business function to enable the business to scale efficiently.
- Help develop the financial strategy of the company, including fund-raising and M&A activity.
- Evaluating performance through the analysis and interpretation of data and metrics.
- Creating forecasts and models to support decision making and business planning.
- Managing procurement, supply and commercial contracts, including their negotiation and implementation (partnering in some instances with the ELT and other business functions).
- Developing relationships with the company’s key stakeholders including investors, suppliers and customers.
- Working alongside the CEO and ELT to fulfil other business functions as required.
- ACA (or equivalent) qualification along with ICAEW (or equivalent) membership / fellowship.
- 5 years PQE experience as CFO or Head of Finance for a private company.
- Company secretarial knowledge.
- Extensive experience with commercial and financial management, accounting, information systems, internal financial controls, revenue recognition and financing modelling.
- A proven track record of running a business, especially the management and execution of operational and financial aspects, preparing management information and reports.
- Experience of fundraising, preparing investment cases and working with Venture Capital / Private Equity.
- A demonstratable drive to have a positive social and environmental impact.
- Knowledge of local government, social housing, the built environment and / or construction industry.
- Previous experience and a track record in IPOs, mergers and acquisitions.
- Setting up overseas subsidiaries and associated operating considerations.
- Working knowledge of capitalisation of R&D, R&D tax credits and government grants.
- A track record running payroll and the operation of EMI schemes.
- Experience with start-ups, corporates, and within, or working with, government and housing providers.
- Experience with and a willingness to take responsibility for additional tasks, for example: legal, HR,
intellectual property, data protection, business continuity, IT infrastructure or property management.