Q-Bot are passionate about driving sustainability, impacting climate change, reducing fuel poverty, and improving people’s lives using technology. We have developed robots to retrofit energy efficiency measures in homes across the UK and Europe and are growing exponentially to meet market demand.
Our vision is revolutionising the construction industry with robotics, digital tools, and AI to transform archaic processes and enable new services for the inspection maintenance and upgrade of buildings. Q-Bot’s mission is to measure and improve the health of buildings without the cost and disruption of traditional methods. Our interventions already save Kilotons of CO2 per year, and we are accelerating the rate of change by growing our a “robot-as-a service” model (RAAS) and expanding placements of our technology via Partners in the UK and EU.
The Compliance Manager role is an essential function for the continued success of Q-Bot’s UFI business. They will be responsible for PAS compliance & maintain Q-Bot’s range of accreditations. The Compliance Manager role will coordinate, manage, monitor and report PAS2030:2019/ PAS2035 processes and documentation. They will possess knowledge of the retrofit standards framework, in particular PAS2035. Level 4 (Retrofit Assessor), or Level 5 (Retrofit Coordinator) qualifications are desirable, however, this role is not directly responsible for the assessment of individual dwellings or the monitoring and evaluation of energy efficiency measures.
Q-Bot’s clients range from Registered Social Landlord (RSL), Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Accredited Installation Partners as well as private homeowners. The Compliance Manager will be expected to have a working knowledge of funding schemes, eg. Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund (SHDF), Energy Company Obligation (ECO), and others. You will report into the Head of Delivery and may be based in any of Q-Bot’s office locations with option of hybrid working. Q-Bot will support the successful candidate in building and maintaining industry knowledge.
- Q-Bot, as an Installer is required to develop and maintain processes to ensure compliant installs are completed, prepare, and submit all relevant documentation, for every stage of retrofit project.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Quality Manager
- Responsibilities include reviewing of surveys / installs, overseeing documents to be generated and submitting them on appropriate channel/s.
- This includes, but is not limited to retrofit assessment, technical survey, retrofit design documentation, install completion, install handover, lodgement documentation including compliance with PAS.
- Compliance Manager will be responsible for monitoring install progress to meet project deadlines, ensure paperwork submitted on or before the deadline.
- This which will need precision planning and co-ordination with the project manager and delivery team leads on a day-to-day basis.
Accreditations and PAS2035 Compliance Management
- Ensuring Q-Bot’s company policies and H&S files along with installer’s technical qualifications meet the PAS2035 standards, supporting the maintenance of records and ensuring these are never overdue.
- Yearly accreditation assessments and renewals - preparation leading upto and then leading the assessments.
- Yearly PAS Audit / Inspection / Assessment – preparation leading upto and then leading the assessments.
- Knowledge and substantial experience of working with the retrofit standards framework, in particular PAS 2035
- Excellent written and communication skills together with a good level of numeracy
- Leadership ability, people management skills and experience, including staff development and supervision.
- Ability to lead meetings including experience of the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports to varied audiences.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, databases, CRM software eg. Salesforce
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in project delivery and to meet challenges positively, directly and with determination.
- Methodical, systematic, and detailed approach to work with the ability to problem solve.
- To be well organised and self - motivated, but also able to contribute effectively working as a team member.
- Level 4 (Retrofit Assessor), or Level 5 (retrofit Coordinator) qualifications or similar relevant vocational or technical experience, plus substantial experience working in compliance.
- Working knowledge of the efficient use of energy in buildings, particularly within the domestic sector.
- Experience of providing technical advice where necessary on Retrofit projects to clients, team members and stakeholders
- Knowledge, or experience of working with Registered Social Landlords
- Experience of working fast-paced scale up environment that involves effective cross departmental liaison, recording progress on CRM system/s, monitoring timelines, and ensuring project is delivery on time.
Why you should work for Q-Bot:
- Personal and career development in an exciting business with a strong value proposition, well positioned to be a game changer in a growing industry.
- Competitive salary including performance-related pay
- Company shares options scheme (EMI tax eligible)
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements available.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Exciting and diverse workforce with a great team spirit and a modern work environment
More about Q-Bot
Q-Bot was founded in 2012 with the objective of using robots to insulate suspended floors of existing buildings. In the UK there are over 12 million cold and draughty homes with suspended timber floors, representing a huge market opportunity, with few practical or cost-effective options to upgrade them. Q-Bot has successfully commercialised a unique solution to this problem, that uses a robotic device to apply insulation in situ without the expense and hassle of traditional methods. The company has already insulated over 2,500 properties in the UK, improving energy efficiency and saving residents on average £300/yr (verified by the Energy Savings Trust), with demand demonstrated in Europe, North America and Australasia with the total potential market well over £100bn.
Q-Bot’s goal is to make it easier and simpler for contractors to retrofit existing buildings by rethinking processes that have remained unchanged for hundreds of years. Q-Bot’s solutions empower workers, improve productivity and safety, while reducing costs.
Q-Bot’s current business model is to work directly with housing associations and local authorities to create market pull, and then sign-up installation partners to deliver the service in each region. The installation partners upsell the service through their existing channels, deliver to a wide range of markets, and pay Q-Bot a share of the revenues that result. This model is highly scalable and ensures the technology is utilised across a range of different sectors, while Q-Bot only needs to foster relationships with a small, focused group of customers. Q-Bot’s network already includes more than 20 install partners in the UK, France and the Netherlands.
Q-Bot currently employs 60 people and is headquartered in Oval, London, with regional operational bases in Harrow, Newport and Newcastle. Q-Bot is the world's first company to receive BBA accreditation, or equivalent, for robots to work on construction sites (delivering retrofit insulation). In the process Q-Bot received innovation awards including Queens Award, CIBSE, Ashden, Business Green and many others.
Q-Bot is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please apply to: email@example.com with a covering letter, including salary expectations, and your CV.