Energy Efficiency Technicians or Mechanic – Multi Trade
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your trade or engineering skills by using robots to deliver innovative new services such as floor insulation? Are you keen to work with a dynamic, fast-moving operational team using your construction skills and experience to survey and insulate homes across the UK? Would you like to work with colleagues on resolving technical challenges on site including testing innovative and unique tools and equipment?
Q-Bot is a fast-growing robotics and AI company based in London and Newcastle that is working with social landlords across the UK. We use robots to install underfloor-insulation with a BASF polyurethane (PU) foam developed and certified for this application. The robot is inserted under the floor through an access hatch or air vent, surveys the void and condition of the floor, if suitable sprays an expanding insulation foam to the underside of the floor, and finally records the install to verify the area and depth of insulation applied.
As an Energy Efficiency Technician, you will join Q-Bot’s operations team to take a lead on the installations, making things happen on site as well as working in the office to track and manage projects. The role will be hands on and involve both on-site and off-site training with a view of gaining growing independence. There will also be increasing management responsibilities in line with the delivery of larger programmes of insulation works.
This position is based in Newcastle or London. The candidate will also be required to work at sites across the UK. Work away will typically be between 1 and 5 days, at least once or twice per month. Accommodation and expenses will be paid by the company whilst you are away.
- Surveying properties with the help of our robots and collating energy assessment information from site.
- Using the company’s robots to install or retrofit under-floor insulation across a variety of properties.
- Ensuring quality control and customer satisfaction, including liaising with the management, customers and contractors.
- Engaging with the Research & Development team feeding back site problems and suggesting improvements.
- Testing innovative solutions and helping to run experiments both in the field and the lab.
- Executing tasks on site including carpentry and general building work.
- Implementation of site health and safety, risk assessments and method statements.
- Keeping accurate records, developing systems where necessary to ensure appropriate records
- Supporting tests and demonstrations to meet accreditation requirements.
- Organising the workshop environment and ensuring it is tidy at all times.
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
- Full UK Driver's License with residency in the UK for a minimum of 3 years.
- Knowledge and practical experience working in the built environment and construction industry.
- Able to plan projects, mange time, resources, and work to deadlines.
- Drive and determination to get the job done.
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Experience of spray foam insulation and its application.
- Construction and carpentry qualifications.
- Experience of quality control or health and safety requirements.