The controller of your personal data is Q-Bot Limited. You can contact us in relation to this statement, or data protection generally, via:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- post to Block G, Riverside Business Centre, Wandsworth, SW18 4UQ.
Information collected and processed
We process the following personal data:
- Data to identify you, including your name and contact information including email and/or telephone number;
- Information about your property;
- Your budget for the work;
- How you found out about Q-Bot;
Your communication preferences
Q-Bot retains personal information for a period of 5 years from the end of the financial year ending 31 March in which we complete the service or provide the quote.
Method of collection
We obtain personal data from the following sources:
- directly from you, for instance when you place an order with us, make an enquiry with us or meet us at a trade show;
Use of Information
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To quote for our services, and supply our services to you. Where we do so our legal basis is a contractual necessity. Without this processing, we would not be able to offer our services to you.
- To send you emails marketing our products and services. Where we do so our legal basis is consent.
- To help develop or improve our products and services, e.g. by understanding what types of people are buying them. Where we do so, our legal basis is our legitimate interest in improving our products and services.
- To train our staff on call handling. Where we do so, our legal basis is our legitimate interest in improving the quality of our service.
Disclosure of personal information
Q-Bot will occasionally share private individuals’/landlords’ personal information with third parties such as a local delivery partner who may be able to carry out an installation. However, Q-Bot will always ask permission before doing this.
Q-Bot may, however, share personal data without your express permission where the recipient provides a service to us and is contractually restricted from using it for any other purpose, for instance our CRM system provider.
Internally, we only give access to personal data to those people that require access to it in order to carry out their role and responsibilities.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Q-Bot generally stores and processes personal data inside the European Economic Area. However, in some circumstances, its service providers may transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area. Where they do so, Q-Bot requires its service providers to do so in compliance with data protection law, typically requiring them to enter into standard contractual clauses approved by the European Union as providing equivalent protection to what would be in place had the personal data remained in the European Economic Area. We can provide more information on the non-EEA countries to which we transfer your personal data this on request.
You have the right to ask Q-Bot:
- for copy of your personal data (and where we rely on “contractual necessity” or consent as our legal basis and collected the personal data electronically, in a commonly used electronic format);
- correct your personal data where it is incorrect or incomplete;
- to delete your personal data, although this right is not absolute and will not generally apply where we have a lawful reason to hold it;
- stop processing your personal data in a particular where we rely on “legitimate interests”;
- stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- temporarily restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you also have the right to withdraw that consent.
For more information about your rights or if you wish to exercise any of your rights, you can contact us at email@example.com or at 0208 877 2709. We will provide you the relevant information electronically.
We will typically comply with requests within one month, starting on the day following receipt. Where we are lawfully unable to do so or require further information from you before we can proceed, we will respond and inform you of this.
If you wish to raise a complaint related to the handling of your personal data, please forward your request to Q-Bot. However, if you believe Q-Bot has not satisfied your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For more information on how to contact an ICO, please visit: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.